Makes around 15 bars
1 cup (160 g) pumpkin seeds
1 cup (100 g) dried shredded coconut
1/2 cup (80 g) hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds)
1/2 cup (50 g) hemp protein powder (you can use hemp hearts instead)
4 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
20 fresh medjool dates, pitted
6 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
4 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
Add after blending
6 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1. Use a food processor or rugged blender to make the following ingredients into a crunchy mixture: the hemp seeds and powder, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.
2. Put this mixture into a bowl then use the processor to blend the following until smooth: the dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, and vanilla.
3. Pour this mixture over the crunchy ingredients in the bowl, then add in the poppy seeds and rolled oats.
4. Spread this in a baking dish to the desired thickness, making sure it’s pressed down and compact.
5. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes, and it’s ready to cut into bars!
Tip: If you do not have a high speed blender, place your pitted dates on a plate and mash with a fork until they are sticky and smooth as caramel, it’ll take a few minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients one by one and kneed it by hand until well combined.